Outside The Lines by Arthur Feinsod

 



Title - Outside The Lines 
Author - Arthur Feinsod 

About The Author : 
In Indiana, United States, as President of the Interfaith Council of the Wabash Valley, I gave two talks on Gandhi’s spiritual ideas, one at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation, another at the Sisters of Providence, an order of Catholic nuns. I would like to draw on those lectures and discuss Gandhi’s influence on me personally and on the poems of my new book of poetry, Outside the Lines.  I will begin touching on two major influences on Gandhi: the Isha Upanishad, his favorite among those ancient sacred works, and Russian novelist Tolstoy. Then I will focus on the ideas of Gandhi that have moved me the most in the development of my own worldview and read two or three of my poems that reflect that influence, directly or indirectly.  Among the poems I read, I will include one I dedicated to Gandhi’s memory, entitled “Gandhi’s Last Counsel,” based on the dramatization of an event that appears late in the film Gandhi starring Sir Ben Kingsley.


About the Book : 

Outside the Lines consists of poems exploring possibilities of final meanings in life such as:  individuality and the power of the human soul to transcend familial, institutional and societal demands and expectations; faith; interfaith; ideals and the intrinsic value of artistic processes and ends. Much of the content stems from the author’s own experiences, particularly with people -- their lives and works – that have influenced his development as writer, artist, teacher and human being.    



Scan QR To Buy The Book



Buy The Book : 
Use This Direct Link - CLICK HERE



Order From The Publishers' Website : 
www.poetschoicepublisher.com 


Leave A Review : 
BCID : 661-17826874
www.bookcrossing.com 







Author Signings


"A Wonderful Woman at the UU reading"
*Unitarian Universalist Congregation

 "She  asked me to sign the music for “Many Ways to God” on the lower part of the desk"


With Crystal Reynolds, a devout Catholic, and a dear friend and co-writer with me on an essay about a lynching that took place in Terre Haute in 1901



These are my fellow co-founders of the Interfaith Council of the Wabash Valley, Rod and Jacqui Bradfield, Rod a Buddhist, Jacqui a Protestant Christian.  I was the organization’s first president for four and a half years until I moved away to New Mexico.



"This young woman didn’t have money but she wept as she told me how deeply affected she was by my long poem 'A Stone for Matthew.'  She asked if I would accept her favorite little blue stone she carries around in her wallet for payment.  Of course I accepted.  I now have that misshapen little stone on my desk. It is one of most precious possessions.




Credits 

Photos:  Dr. Crystal Reynolds, Denise Sobieski

Music: Scott Lamps, composer; Arthur Feinsod, lyrics; Betsy Baer singing and on the piano.




Press Release  : In Tribune Star, the primary news source in Terre Haute, Indiana USA. Special Thanks To Mark Bennett 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puberty and Coming of Age

Saliant Art Of Complex Expressions : Allegory Poems

A Fleeting Visitor